Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Went to a knitting group last night. 8 people including 2 teenagers (great to see them knitting!) and 2 women from the store. Pay a one time fee and you can go every second Monday of the month for the rest of your life! It's an afghan making group using Manos yarn - your can do it in squares but we do it in strips so there is less sewing up at the end. Infinite possiblilites as far as patterns and colors for the "squares" and it's 12 squares in total. Called "Four Seasons Throw". At first I planned on doing it all in that red, variegated Manos which I love but now I think I'll alternate with white. I like the woman who owns the yarn shop - she stocks Manos not only because it's a gorgeous yarn but because it's made by a woman's collective in Uruguay - she feels women in our country ought to be advancing the status of women in poorer areas which have little opportunity for women to improve their lives.

No comments: